Monday, October 20, 2008

super size me

I though that Supersize Me was a great movie that teaches people about not eating fast food, but that doesn’t change my opinion about people eating there at all. I think that it’s stupid that people wanted to sue this company. People have so many options of where to eat and they could’ve chosen a healthier eating establishment. Ever since the film, McDonalds has changed some of the things that they do and I think it was for the better. Now, McDonalds has their nutrition on the back of every paper they put on top of the trays. McDonalds has also added their snack wraps which aren’t that bad for you. They have also gotten rid of the large yogurt and the supersize option. It’s not like the company is forcing people to go there so why would it be their fault. When you’re at the food store, you have the option between the veggies and fruits but you also have the option to buy donuts; should we sue the donut companies for making donuts available to the world? There’s even a story of a man who lost 86 pounds and lowered his cholesterol on a McDonalds diet. He only ate their snack wraps, salads, apple dippers, and hamburgers for 6 months and lost 86 pounds. This shows that if you eat the right thing there, you can be healthy. A lot of user reviews that I found on IMDB disagreed with the film saying that it was unfair since people don’t eat McDonalds everyday, and it’s true. The girls that were overweight were wrong to sue McDonalds because they always had the option of avoiding it, and also, the parents shouldn’t have taken them there so much, especially knowing the harm it can cause. As a child, I hardly ever went to McDonalds, I wanted to all the time, but my parents would hardly take me. I always said to myself that I’d just eat there everyday when I got older, but as I’m growing up, I don’t find McDonalds the first thing on my list of things to eat. I think that if Spurlock were to have eaten the better things on the menu, he would see no change in the way he feels or looks. I also found some reviews that said that this movie was more to entertain and that the movie Fast Food Nation was better at showing the effects of fast food. I agree with them in thinking that this movie was more to entertain. I thought it was a good movie, but it didn’t change my feelings towards my one true love McDonalds. There is even a parody of the film called Super High Me, where a comedian smokes weed for 60 days to see the effects it has on his health. Overall I thought it was a great movie, but it didn’t change my feelings at all towards McDonalds.



Creative Commons License
the stairs by george is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at flickr.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://flickr.com/photos/ggiacobbe93/3178460593/.

No comments: