Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ethics

I think that the way that I act is mostly affected by the people I'm around. I remember reading "The Social Me" in Mr. Priest's class last year that dealt with this kind of idea. Ever since i read that piece, the ideas have stuck out in my head as the only way to explain my actions towards people. When I'm around people that are higher up than me, such as a teacher or adult, I tend to, believe it or not, not talk as much. I think things through because I know they have more power over me. Around friends and family I'm more open and say whatever is on my mind. I feel that no matter what I say the person I'm talking to won't put me into a place I don't want to be in. Around people like cops or other authority members that I'm not completely fond of is when I'm at my worst. My body shuts down and for some reason I stutter. Being around these people puts me into a terrible state where I can't think because I know that whatever I say has to be perfect or I'm screwed. What the short writing said was true, no matter how hard we try to not act to best suit the people we're around, we'd still be acting like we don't care. This way of showing how I react to people is odd but seems to be best explanation of why I act the way that I act around people

No comments: