Monday, November 23, 2009

Da vid... again

I really just feel annoyed, as said in the other blog, mostly because it’s so hard choosing a side in this situation. It’s just terrible that race was involved in this accident because if it wasn’t people still would’ve have been pissed but at least this war wouldn’t have started between the two groups of people. It’s apparent that people would’ve reacted in a terrible way towards the killer, but if he were black killing a black person the race wouldn’t go against itself. I like what one of the last characters said about how Hispanics don’t try to kill people, whites don’t try to kill people, blacks don’t try and kill people and so on. It’s completely true though when you think about it. What that Jewish man did was an accident; he didn’t intentionally try to kill this man. I think that Anna Deacere Smith was trying to show was how hard it is to choose a side when you listen to both of them. Throughout the movie my ideas on what happened changed because of the character’s views bringing up new points. I think what she’s trying to tell everyone is that it’s impossible to choose a side because there really isn’t enough information. Each side doesn’t understand each other enough to feel what they’re feeling. Since they feel the other side doesn’t understand them they try and force them to by reacting the way that they do. All I think she’s trying to do is show you that this whole war between the Jewish people and Black people is just pointless.

No comments: