It can sometimes be hard to remain neutral in fights, but it all depends on what situations you’re in. If you’re in a situation where it’s a lot of people against a lot of people, chances are you’ll pick a side. You’ll do this because you have a lot of support and you’re probably not going to let many people down, if any. I don’t think that people should be neutral in these fights because you should voice your opinions, especially if you into one of the sides in this argument. Examples of these would be debates that go on, or fights in your community about what they should use the money for. Where I used to live, we had a fight similar to that one. The district wanted to get rid of the IB (International Baccalaureate) program that the district offered from 4th to 10th Grade. It was one of the few things that made the school unique and they wanted to take it away. Obviously I wanted to keep the program since I was in it and the fight went on from 2005-2006. The newly elected school board thought that the program was costly, anti-Christian, and un-American. Everyone is the town was furious at these remarks. I was really surprised though at how much the IB program costs. It seemed to all of us that it was exactly the same as all of the other classes except we had to read different books and we got a better college recommendation. If people had not gotten involved in this fight the IB program would have ceased to exist. Everyone in the community chose a side and it all worked out. That’s why I thought that in situations like these, people should get involved. One situation that would benefit you by remaining neutral would be one against two or three people that you know or are friends with. It’s hard deciding on which side to take because no matter what, you’re going to let someone down. In these situations it’s hard remaining neutral but it’s a lot better to be neutral than getting involved. I respect the people that don’t take sides in these situations. Being a bystander and possibly helping resolve the situation would help everyone but could also make you part of the problem. Although most fights between friends are better to stay out of, I do think that you in involved. Even more difficult situations would be ones between family members. Getting involved I think would be the worst thing you could do. In conclusion, I think that it’s harder but better to remain in a fight between people you know but that it’s a lot better taking a side in a fight or controversy between two sides involving people that you wouldn’t frustrate easily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment