Monday, March 15, 2010

Sympathy

I honestly feel no sympathy for Othello. Even if Desmona would have actually cheated on him, it still gives him no right to take her life. I sort of felt bad for him until he actually did kill her. He didn't really have enough evidence to make such a large decision either. I also feel enraged at Iago. Everyones lives were perfect before he came along. It was only his sad twisted life that wasn't going the way he wanted. I sort of relate him to Grendal because she reacted to her horrible life by ruining everyone’s wonderful life. Desmona should also get no sympathy. She should know her man enough to see that something is bothering him and that she needs to try to fix it. She should also have been smart enough to not talk about other men in front of her man. She’s just clueless about what a real girlfriend should be. Cassio I do feel sympathy for though. Cassio really did nothing wrong. Sure he got wasted and messed up everyone has those days. Othello shouldn’t have fired him because he was drunk (even though he stabbed a man). He still was a great leader worthy of his title. His journey does seem like something I could relate to, however. Kids are always making up lies to hate people and most of them believe it. There are even more rumors now than in Othello, though these rumors don’t seem to stay as long as Iago made his to be. That’s probably why we don’t end up killing people over rumors. These rumors just don’t last which is why is doesn’t matter in these times.

No comments: